Saturday, November 27, 2010

Altitude

Ok, sometimes I end up watching too many horror movies...
Occupational hazard

It leaves me grumpy sometimes. Here's a good example. I wanted ALL of these characters dead. I faulted the film film for not being long enough to kill to them as they deserved. I'm not a blood thirsty person by nature, I'm not a person that enjoys slaughter films like "Hostel." I just can't stand the idea of being stuck in a small plan with either 1) whiny, jerky people, or 2) jerky, jerky people.  Since the film basically makes us share a plane ride with both makes me as irritable as flying coach with a puking baby in the next seat.

The plot is fairly simple.  A bunch of friends are taking a final trip together.  They are taking a plane to a concert and the pilot, who is a pretty girl, is proud of her new license.  There is the alpha asshole, the beta asshole, the whiny I just brought these drugs for motion sickness asshole, the passive comic book reading nerd stalker asshole, and our pilot who has issues cause mom died in a plane crash.  Gee, what can go wrong?

A
Lot.

Soon the plane just keeps going up and up and up.  And it goes up into a mysterious cloud.  And there's a mysterious screaming thing in the cloud.  People in Air Asshole take it as about as well as you expect.  And then they either live too long, or too short to deal with it.

There.  It has some suspense.  It's better than a lot of films that are horror.  But if I see another young adult asshole it will be too soon.

1 comment:

  1. Do not leave your home and perhaps the young adult asshole can be avoided. Too many of these in real life, and they tend not to die... (Not to say there aren't plenty of old adult and just adult ones that won't die!!)

    ReplyDelete