Monday, November 1, 2010

The Walking Dead at first Blush

I'll write more on it later, but let me be clear.  I loved AMC's "The Walking Dead."  It was an incredible drama and a fantasy.  Perhaps it didn't break new ground (so far) in telling the story of zombies taking over the world, but it told the tale incredibly well.  Certainly it was one of the best looking bits of TV in a while. 

Just let me add there are two doors in the first episode.

The first door says "Don't Open Dead Inside."  The second door says nothing but you know that the dead are now out there in the world.  I think "Don't Open Dead Inside," is a prophecy and warning for the characters.  For living in the world of the dead how do you keep from dying on the inside?

1 comment:

  1. I watched this last night, the opening episode, as the second recorded. It is well done, especially (as you would say) for tv.

    There are points I'd like to make, but at the moment I don't want to give anything away...

    ReplyDelete