Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I Kissed A Vampire

I really like projects like "I Kissed a Vampire," not because it is ground breaking but because it shows that people can still make a difference from the ground up in an industry obsessed with 200 million dollar blockbusters. "I Kissed a Vampire," started life as a web series and became popular enough to be made into a movie. It's a simple musical about the boy and girl next door dealing with being turned into vampires. Their source of temptation is the bad boy rocking vampire Trey Sylvania and his bad girls. Their one hope is in the dubious hands of Dan Hellsing.

The music is bright bouncy pop tunes. The actors are appealing. Some of the lines are amusing. It reminds me a lot of the Buffy episode that was a musical. Definitely, not deep but fun and sometimes folks that counts for a lot in this world.





1 comment:

  1. I only hope they can sing better than the Buffy cast...

    ReplyDelete