Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Inception

I admit it, the film intimidated me.

I have had it for a week before I viewed it. I was worried. I was worried I'd be disappointed again by a film given great press that it could never live up to.

I was so wrong, and I'm happy to be wrong. This is an awesome, thought provoking film that is straddles genres and expectations expertly. I am flabbergasted, flumoxed, and fribbled trying to describe how I feel about this. There was a lot of intellectual curiousity as I tried to follow the rules set up for how dreams work in this film. There was excitement that I felt when watching a "caper" film as our team is set up for their impossible task. There was even dread as I found out that yes in this film there are some things worse than death.

Everything about this film is top notch and I'd give Nolan a billion dollars to keep turning out something so fine. I am not going to fan boy drool anymore, just go see it!

Here is a trailer for Dreamscape, a film some wags have pointed to as a spiritual cousin to Inception.



Here is a trailer for Shutter Island which is the other Decaprio film you should see. Actually they are far more spiritual cousins than in the case of Dreamscape.



Here is the inception Trailer followed by my favorite satire of it. Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. No matter how people want to joke about "Decrappio", he is a stellar actor and makes good film choices. Inception is no exception!

    It does have a lot more in common with Shutter Island than with Dreamscape, though nods must be given to Dreamscape for the initial idea, presumably.?

    It is an intense watch, there are a lot of little details to look out for, but first time through just enjoy it for the sheer thrill of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a brilliant mash-up of Inception and Toy Story 3 on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHJwgA54Gqk

    Well worth a look :-)

    ReplyDelete