Saturday, July 30, 2011

Thundercats

So last night the Cartoon Network presented a new version of the old Thundercats. Now I admit I wasn't a Thundercat fan as a kid, must have been showing them during my G.I. Joe time. But I could see it was for the time fairly quality animation. So I was curious how the new version would stack up.

I liked what I saw.

Our hero was made very likeable and might be naive at times, but he acted from his heart. His allies were great warriors. Tigra perhaps a little too good, he kept saying he should be the king. Cheetara was not only a good fighter but certainly probably grade A furry fuel. Snarf was made less annoying by at least a half. I'm not getting a good reading on wilycat and his sister yet, but they seem interesting enough.

The story is fairly dramatic and a darn good origin story. It shows how the kingdom was destroyed by betrayal and technology. Owning the Sword of Omens is cool and everything, but one magic sword isn't going to beat a couple hundred missiles sad to say. Mumm-Ra is a very disturbing villain. While his motivation (He wants the sword) is fairly villain 101, I don't recall another villain with creeping mummy bandages as a weapon. Ewwwwww.

I'll definitely watch the next episode, and so should you! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment