Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Things I Don't Want: A transporter

Sure Star Trek has great technology. I don't think the transporter is for me, though, and the reason is pretty clear if you take a moment to think about it. Right the transporter takes all your information, then rips you apart and sends you to your target and puts you back together again. The problem? Well no matter how you slice it, at one point in the process you are killed. You are ripped apart atom by atom. Man, that's brutal. What comes out at the other end is NOT you. It's your perfect clone. Think about that for a moment. Spooky isn't it?

Besides, the transporters are always going on the fritz. Don't need to see a Spirk to know I don't want my atoms mixing around willy nilly!

Not Another Transporter Malfuntion....

1 comment:

  1. Food for thought indeed! (But a Spirk might be just the ticket!)

    ReplyDelete