Monday, June 14, 2010

super what?

There's not much I can say about "The Superhero," it's a british film that fancies itself something of a super hero film. This is rather odd first because the brits never really embraced the whole super hero thing. Oh the brits have their comic books, and they do have a few super hero ones. They just never went the whole hog on it like the americans. One of those little endearing mysteries of culture. Americans get tights, Brits just seem to naturally think that's so silly.

But anyway "The Superhero" is about a boxer trying to do the right thing and uncover a dark crime. The film is dark. By that I mean I can barely see a thing. I don't mean this in a good way either ala Tim Burton, but more like in "murky." Also the film claims it is animated in part. Hint to the wise, if you are going to claim animation do NOT instead have still pictures that every now and then move. Stone-fucking-henge shows more animation.

I can see the film has a good heart, and tries. But really I couldn't get into it. It didn't thrill me, and really I'll forget all about it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment