Friday, March 18, 2011

The Loonatics

Right....
I'm for seeing old characters in a different light from time to time. After all, it's generally a good idea to shake things up. However, the idea of taking the Bugs Bunny and the Loony Tune crew and turning them into dark ninties style super heroes is just .... loony.

No I never thought, "Gee what if Wile E. Coyote had superpowers." Nope, nope never crossed my mind. After I stopped hitting my head against the wall, I decided to look at an episode with fresh eyes.

Afterwards, and after another bout of head banging, I can safely say even if I were a child again I would say this cartoon sucks. The jokes are unfunny, the characters uninteresting, and the world just has zero logic or coherence.

The sad thing is really people all you have to do to keep bugs bunny fresh is be funny. He's a joke machine. If you can be funny at least say once every thirty seconds for a five minute cartoon you'll be good as gold. But obviously Warner Brothers doesn't do funny any more. At least not funny ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment