Friday, April 29, 2011

120 things I Love About the Movies Part I

Siskoid's Blog of Geekery did a post about the 100 things Siskoid loved about the movies, and I thought it was such a good idea I stole it.  Now, generally these aren't whole movies but the bits that just stick in my brain.  Sort of cinematic DNA.  They are in no particular order and if I made the list again, I'd probably have 120 different things.  That's just how I roll.

We begin after the jump....




1.    Putting on the Ritz from "Young Frankenstein."



2.    Captain Chaos from "Cannonball Run."




3.    Watching Humphrey Bogart lose it in "Treasure of the Sierra Madres."
4.    "Long Live the New Flesh," from "Videodrome."
5.    That someone was crazy enough to let David Lynch direct "Dune"
6.    "Double Feature" from "Rocky Horror Picture Show."
7.    Really comfortable theater seats
8.    Watching films with friends
9.    The insanity that is Terry Gilliam
10.  The slap scene in "My Name's Still Trinity."



11.  The pocket watch scene in "For a Few Dollars More."
12.  The big funeral fight in "Big Trouble In Little China."



13.  The Wedding in "The Godfather."
14.  The freakin' bike in "Akira."
15.  "We need bigger guns," in Split Second



16.  The Cleaning the Unclean Spirit scene in "Spirited Away."
17.  Groucho's Song in "Duck Soup."



18.  Ash, groovy man
19.  Barter Town from Mad Max III
20.  When Han Solo said, "Trust me," and we knew he was way too slick, but bought   it  

1 comment:

  1. Great start to the list!
    Split Second was a great ride.
    Ash, First you want to kill me, then you want to kiss me.
    One of my favs from Spirited Away also!
    Tim Curry in fishnets! Yowsa!

    ReplyDelete