Sunday, April 24, 2011

Roadkill

Wow, a syfy saturday movie I didn't feel like I was completely lobotomized after watching. Maybe I'm getting soft, maybe the viewings are wearing my resistence down. I'll have to be carefull or soon I'll be watch WWE.

*SHIVERS*

Anyhoo, bunch of soon to be dead people take an RV through scenic Ireland. They pass teh scenic part and drive right into Irish Hillbilly heaven. The don't need a kid with a banjo to know they are in "Deliverance" territory and they all sure do got a purty mouth. Still, being young and stupid they interact with the local gypsy led by a balding, drunken sociopath. They steal his pendant and accidently run over mutant granny with the RV, so they are cursed to be eaten by a Roc.

Yeah, a Roc. They even say, "You know, like in Sinbad." What a Roc is doing in Ireland I'll never know, just like I'll never know how that elephant got in my pajamas. The beastie has an uncomfortable resemblance of a cross between a turkey, mothman, and that 1950's movie with the giant flying turkey monster that was a puppet. So, perhaps not so scary at first but there is some right nasty face ripping from the get go, so soon I was down with the Roc. It helps that the CGI was only half bad which is 50% better than most SyFy offerings.

The rest of the film is a mix of body bag countdown, continuing encounters with Pappy O'scum and the gang, and fighting off the Roc. A few moments of character temporary insanity aside, the film plays pretty fair with the plot and it keeps right on moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment