Friday, September 24, 2010

Things that make me go "Holy $%@#!!!

I do a lot of spinning of the tales here in spanners.  But I'm not just a dreamer.  A dreamer needs influences, ideas, events.  So, I keep an ear to the ground and an eye on the sky.  Sometimes, I find the most amazing things.  I swear to you, good readers, till I know otherwise these things are true:

  • One of the things we have taken for universal constant may not be so constant.  The fine structure constant may now be slightly different in different parts of the universe according to new observations.  This is slightly important because this constant helps define where life as we know it can exist.
  • Hordes of eight foot long squid are now hunting fish in packs up to 1000 squid.  They are now also attacking humans leaving two mexican fisherman dead and badly mauled.  SyFy network could not be reached for comment.
  • A security firm has fond bots on the internet making incredibly odd, nonsensical and unprofitable stock trades.  No one knows who is sending them, or why they are doing this.
  • Also found on the net is the first military weapon of mass destruction class of computer virus.  This worm which has taken experts four months to open up and reverse engineer has been specifically designed to infiltrate the software of a power plant and tell it to destroy itself.  No one knows who built it, or why, but speculation is that it was to target the Iranian nuclear plant.
Ladies and gentleman, when today is weirder than fiction, a dreamer like myself can only humbly bow.

No comments:

Post a Comment